The Nation of Makers Conference (NOMCON), occurring June 9-10, 2018 in Santa Fe, New Mexico, is the inaugural annual gathering of the Nation of Makers community. This two day working conference is designed to bring together the breadth of the national maker community towards the goals of:
- sparking and increasing connections across sectors,
- generating robust long-lasting collaborations, partnerships and projects, &
- working towards the growth of an inclusive Nation of Makers
via facilitated breakout sessions, small-team working groups, open discussions, structured and unstructured networking opportunities, and dynamic keynote speakers.
2018 Theme: Intentional Inclusion
The overall structure of the conference is as follows:
- Pre-conference workshop Unconference on Making Liberatory Spaces – 8 am to 8 pm
- Welcoming Reception at FUSE Makerspace in Albuquerque – 4 pm to 7 pm
- Welcoming Event at Santa Fe Railyard – 7 pm to 10 pm
- Opening Keynote and NOMCON sessions – 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Evening Receptions – 7 pm to 9 pm
- NOMCON Sessions to Closing Keynote – 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
In order to create the most inclusive access possible, organizers of NOMCON created a “pay-what-you-can” pricing structure.